Evict Worry From Your Life
I pray your weekend was amazing. As we continued with the theme for the month of April, "Tested but not defeated." The topic of today is "Evict Worry from Your Life."
When you are tested by various trials in your life, worry can start to overtake your mind as you await God to provide, comfort, restore, or deliver. People worry themselves sick about matters that involve children, spouses, finances, health issues, and other concerns. However, in the midst of difficulties and tests is when your Faith should not waver. If you are battling with worry today for whatever reason, I want to encourage you today to "Evict Worry From Your Life." Choosing to Trust God rather than believe the lies from the enemy that victory will not come, is living a life dependent upon God. During times of testing, the fact is that you do not have control of the situation. In school, it is very rare for a teacher to give you all the questions and answers to a test that you need to take (there maybe an exception in some cases). The reason is because in order for the teacher to truly assess learning, they have to see what you truly know. When I went to school my favorite subject was math, the teacher taught me lessons and assigned homework, but the test did not have the same questions. In order to truly see what I had retained and learned, similar questions were asked that could be solved with the same methodology. In our walk with God, God is preparing us for challenges. We learn to trust Him, have faith, build a prayer life, and study His Word, and when a test comes, we have to use those lessons and apply them. In education, we call this assessing whether or not the student is able to generalize the process. Can you carry what is learned to other situations, problems, or tasks?
If you could change the circumstances you are worried about, I know you would, but by now you have found that in your own power, it is not possible. Nevertheless, God does have the power to do what you cannot. Worry is you still trying to figure out the situation yourself. Joyce Meyers said, "When you worry, it says you think you can solve your own problems better than God can. But you were not built to handle problems in your own strength" (Powerful Thoughts Devotional, Day 1). Wow, right? You probably would never say that you pray but you try to do everything yourself huh? However, worry is usually you still trying to figure out what to do about a situation, which is praying but still trying to do it within the realm of your finite human intellect. However, God is an infinite God. He is not confined by anything. His power is unlimited.
So the question becomes, how do you evict worry once you know how much God cares and that he has the power to do the impossible?
1. Evict Worry through Prayer
1 Peter 5:6-7, "Therefore humble yourselves under the mighty hand of God, that he may exalt you in due time, casting all your care upon Him, for he cares for you.
- Humbling ourselves in this verse is just positioning ourselves before God understanding that we need Him. He is going to bring us to a victory when we do this. Then it says, casting all our care upon Him for he cares. This verse says come to God in prayer and bring Him your worry. Why still have worry when you are praying to the God who designed the world that we see, breathed breath into Adam and continued to form mankind, and orchestrated the end and the beginning of all time? Pray and really give it to him, and every time that matter comes to your mind, pray again and say, "I have given that to God."
2. Evict Worry through with the Bible
1 Peter 1:25a, "But the word of the Lord endures for ever" (also mentioned in Isaiah 40:6).
- The Word of God is powerful. In the Genesis chapter 1, you have God speaking into the void of darkness and emptiness, and His Words causing things to happen. In your darkest situations, your empty heart, your broken emotions, and must difficult moments, you do not have to worry because God's word is there for you to apply to any situation. You have to search out the Word of God for hope, life, strength, peace, joy, and to increase your faith in regards to what obstacle is in front of you. There is scripture (God's Word) that can be used to change a situation and to charge your faith! Speak God's promises over the matters in your life that you cannot control, and you choose to trust Him to be the faithful and loving God that he is.
Key Point to Understand When facing Challenges
Just because God is with you, for you, and loves you, does not mean you will not face difficulties, but it means that He will not leave you there to be defeated!
(Theme- TESTED but not defeated)
Scriptures to Ponder
- John 16:33, " “I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world.”
-Matthew 7:7, "Ask and it shall be given, seek and ye shall find, knock and it shall be open unto you."
-Philippians 4:6-7, "6 Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; 7 and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus."
I feel God is saying there are some people who have been stressed out, filled with fear and anxiety, and thinking they are losing their minds because there are some matters beyond their control that they are worried about. It is time to Trust God with that thing that is heavy on your heart. He wants you to live with peace, rest, joy, and strength. However, worry drains the life out of you. Worry causes you to stop when you need to keep going. Worry brings sickness to your body. Worry empties the good qualities of who you are with strain, depression, and hopelessness.
Today say, No Longer! ! The enemy will not keep you captive in your thoughts and mind. Instead, you are going to give the situation over to God!
EVICT worry FROM YOUR LIFE!!!
Start New Today!